Monday, May 23, 2016

Python Fundamentals Part 1

GIS Programming - Mod 2

This week was another fun assignment.  We had to write a Python script that resulted in the length of our last name being multiplied by three, but the only information we could enter manually was a variable of a string of our full name.  Every other step required a function or method to pull the information out of that original string and manipulate it down to where we could get the length and multiply it.  Some of the methods and functions we used to accomplish this were split, indexing and len.

We also had to create a flowchart of our process.  The flowchart was a little more difficult for me to d
 I think mostly because I'm not very familiar with Power Point and I had some difficulty getting things to work the way I wanted them to.  The most annoying problem I had was trying to switch the layout from landscape to portrait so I could spread my boxes out a bit more, but I was never able to figure that out.  Otherwise it was fairly straight forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment